Stay Safe, Stay Alaxi: Regole di sicurezza
THE ORIGINS OF ALASSIO
Alassio, which was founded a thousand years ago, dates back its tradition in the legend of Adelasia, daughter of Otto I, who, with Aleramo, found refuge in the territory of Alassio. First funding date back to the Tenth Century, when some families settled on the hill known as the "Castlé" Madonna delle Grazie, where there is the most ancient emblem of Alassio. Then these families descended from the hills to the beach, giving rise to "Burgun Alaxii".
TOWN OF CULTURE
- The Muretto: situated at the City Hall, is characterized by tiles on which are the autographs of famous personalities from the worlds of culture, sport and show business, like Hemingway, Coppi, Bartali, the soccer national team that won the World Cup in 1982, Chechi ...
- Church of Santa Croce: Romanesque, founded by the Benedictine monks of Gallinara in the eleventh century, additions were made in the XV and XVI century. From the viewpoint of the nearby park is possible to enjoy wonderful views of the Baia del Sole.
- Santuario Madonna della Guardia: located on mountain Tirasso, built in 1200, its current building is of seventeenth century, for the piety of our sailors and coral fishermans. It is surrounded by a park of 18.000 square meters.
- Church of Sant’Ambrogio: built in the second half of 1400, in Romanesque style, converted to the Baroque at the first 1700. The renaissance facade was created in 1896. Inside frescoes of Genoese painting of the XVI and XVII century.
- The marina and the small chapel dedicated to deads in the sea.
- The via Julia Augusta built in XIII sec a.c., after the conquest of Liguria by Emperor Augustus that gave her the name. It is situated between the church of Santa Croce and Albenga and is 4 km long, ends with the monumental complex of San Martino. In some places it is original and there are ruins of Roman buildings and monumental tombs dating from the end of the I century d.c. The underlying via Aurelia was built only at the beginning of 1800.
Alassio, which was founded a thousand years ago, dates back its tradition to the legend of Adelasia, daughter of Otto I, who, with Aleramo, found refuge in the territory of Alassio.
Alassio, glamour Riviera centre, has a lively nightlife and offers throughout the year many clubs and events.
Here are always organized important entertainment, fashion, sport and culture (literature award An Author for Europe) shows and the famous beauty contest "Miss Muretto".